Total Pageviews

Friday, October 30, 2009

40

I was reading the Bible this morning and came across a great verse in Isaiah 42:

Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them.

This reminded me of a song but I couldn't put my finger on it. A vague tune kept nagging at me until I had to go to the oracle - Google - and search for, 'sing a new song'.

Of course, none of the hits led me back to the Bible - apparently Google is agnostic - but it did lead me to the song that was in my head.



So, thanks to U2 for leading me from Isaiah to Psalms - because the inspiration for their song 40 reportedly comes from Psalm 40.

The Isaiah passage I read this morning - 42:10 - speaks to God's identity and His deeds on our behalf. Reading on into chapter 43, there are some amazing words of clarity that really made me reevaluate the place that God has in my life.

I recommend spending ten or fifteen minutes with Isaiah 42 - 44. Let me know what you think.

Happy Friday :-)

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Stream. What do you think?