Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Do what?

Are you kidding me?

I could make this a long, angst-filled rant, but I'm going to try my best to keep it short and sweet. I read an article today that highlighted how an inebriated woman damaged a painting at the Clyfford Still museum in Denver. A $30 million dollar painting...

Reports are that the woman did an estimated $10,000 worth of damage to the valuable artwork by punching it, scratching it, and, ahem, sliding her buttocks against it.

There are so many things wrong with this - pardon the pun - picture.

                                     Would you pay $30 million for this?

First and foremost, in my humble opinion, there is NO PAINTING ON EARTH that is worth $30 million dollars. Especially not one that looks like the artist stood in front of the canvas with two brushes, one with red paint and one with black paint, and then let someone tase them.

I am not saying that Mr. Still wasn't a talented artist. I'm just saying I don't care who you are, there is nothing you can paint - I don't care when, I don't care how, and I don't care what style - that could possibly be worth $30 million dollars.

If 1957-J no.2, the name of the artwork, is truly that valuable, please sell it and use the proceeds to feed some hungry people in Denver or something. I suspect the reason the woman did what she did - at least in part - is because of her total incomprehension that 1957-J no.2 was valued so highly.

Of course, she could just be in need of therapy.

What do you think?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Stream. What do you think?