Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ScribeFire - part 2

Right. Here we are, back at ScribeFire and looking to provide some more feedback on features and quality. Yesterday, I did the test run and after having a few false starts on the publishing side, figured out that I needed a quick refresh to view the blog entries I set up with the wizard (not this guy), I was off and publishing. Although I can't publish to both of my blogs simultaneously, I can select them one at a time and publish the same content to both - very nice.

  • On the bulleted-list thing, well, you can see for yourself
  • Clicking on the little down-arrow at the end of the formatting bar reveals two list options:
  1. Ordered lists
  2. Unordered lists
The ordered list option creates the numbered list and the unordered list creates a bulleted-list. I'm on it!

What about content, you might ask? Here's a video of a (reportedly) 6-year old kid playing the beautiful game. Although many of the clips are obviously sped up, he still has sick skills:



Yeah, he's got skills but he needs to be taught that football (soccer) is a team game and he needs to learn how to pass. Ball hog!

Clicking on the handy 'YouTube" button brings up a window where you can type in a search string and the window displays the videos that meet your search criteria. Select the one you want and quicker than this guy can say, "Bam!" you've embedded a video clip.

Inserting an image was somewhat more problematic. While ScribeFire lets me manipulate images from several locations, I can't understand the upload via API or FTP options when I just want to paste an image into a post. Before all the web meisters jump on board, I know what FTP is - use it all the time - I just can't figure out how to apply it in this instance. ScribeFire kept trying to sign me into Picasa Web albums with my Google account.- annoying.

In summary, at the end of two days of admittedly limited experimentation, I would rate ScribeFire 4 out of 5 stars. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and offers a slew of great features. The only knock at this point is the sticky image wicket.

Happy blogging.

X

p.s. One more thing, I can't see anywhere to put my tags in for Live Journal. make that 3.75 stars :-)

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Stream. What do you think?