Total Pageviews

Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday foraging...

Football is known as The Beautiful Game. Stream regulars know that when I say football, I mean soccer. The trailer below is from what looks like a worthy film about the worldwide impact of Football. Please take a few minutes and watch...


It doesn't matter what you call it, Football, Futbol, Futebol, Calcio, Fussball, or whatever,you will never see American football being played like this around the world. There is something about the Beautiful Game that is so simple, yet so profound.

I was driving in to work this morning in a very thick fog. So naturally, I thought of Mel Torme.


Although, perhaps a more appropriate song would be A Foggy Day in London-town...

In case you don't get the connection...Mel was known as the Velvet Fog due to his distinctive voice.

Although I love the Beautiful Game, there is another football game this weekend that will be interesting. That's right: The Vikings vs. the perennial basement-dwelling New Orleans Saints. I tried to come up with an exciting video that would capture the anticipation of this year's NFC championship, but all I could find was this:


I thought it went on a bit long...but - with all due respect to anyone who might be offended by Hitler humor - the concept and a few of the lines were funny.


Well, after that bit of dark humor, I think I need to close on a lighter note...



Bill Cosby is the man. I love a comedian who can tell jokes/stories without having to resort to crude language or rude themes.

Happy Friday...

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Stream. What do you think?